Driving under the influence is a dangerous choice both, for the driver and innocent bystanders. It is important to follow proper guidance and regulations with respect to the driving regulations for the personal safeguard and societal wellbeing.
A DUI brings additional consequences that may include injuries, property loss and even death. Moreover, it affects one’s education, career licensing, and social stigmas. The cost of a DUI is generally overwhelming. These costs include attorney’s fees, license reinstatement fees, higher insurance costs attorney fees and fines.
Significance of DUI Attorneys
Driving under the influence (DUI) cases are generally complex depending on whether it is 1st DUI, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or DUI with injuries. In some situations, the consequences are severe including jail and prison time. An experienced lawyer with relevant expertise in dealing with specific details of the law will thoroughly investigate every aspect of the DUI arrest:
- Field Sobriety procedures
- Maintenance records of Breathalyzer used during the arrest
- Re-analyze the blood samples for potential errors
- Challenging the evidence
- Review the evidence for any potential flaws
- Challenge the license suspension
- Address issues of reduced sentencing and penalties
Penalties for a DUI Depend on Other Relevant Factors
- Prior DUI convictions
- Presence of any kind of noted drug in one’s body at the time of the accident
- Driving with a suspended license
- Causing injury to a third party’s injury
General DUI Consequences:
- Fines and penalties
- Completion of a DUI classes
- AA Meetings
- Driver’s license suspension
- Jail sentence & prison
It is Highly Recommended to Hire a Competent DUI Lawyer
Before hiring a lawyer one should consider the knowledge and expertise of the attorney. Some of the relevant factors related to the attorney, include:
- Number of years practicing DUI Law
- History of successful results
- Knowledge of local courts, judges, district attorneys and probation officers
- Is the attorney guaranteeing results? If this is the case ask for the guarantee in writing
- A good attorney will evaluate your specific legal issue to determine what defenses and legal approaches are best suited to resolve your case. Always ask your attorney for possible options.
Some individuals choose to represent themselves in Court. This is often to their disadvantage because individuals representing themselves would find almost impossible to know the very specifics of the law. Many criminal law rules are hidden away in court interpretations of federal and state constitutions. Choosing to represent yourself can result in receiving higher sentencing and higher consequences. Hiring a DUI lawyer is essential, as they are experts in these legal proceedings.